Township of West Caldwell
In an effort to remove snow as quickly and safely as possible from Township roadways, the Department of Public Works requires all residents to follow these guidelines.
• NO parking on snow covered streets.
• Do not leave garbage cans, recyclables, or any other item on snow covered streets.
• WHEN CLEANING DRIVEWAYS OR SIDEWALKS, residents should not discharge snow into roadway.
• Whenever possible, wait for snow plow crews to complete your street before cleaning driveways, sidewalks or mailboxes. Remember during heavy snowfall, it may be necessary for crews to return to your area a second or third time.
• The Township is not responsible for damage to items left in roadways or for vehicles plowed in that are left on roadways.
• REMEMBER, it is necessary for plows to push the snow as close to the curb as possible to assure clear passage in future storms. The DPW asks residents to be patient as crews will be working throughout the night until all streets are cleaned.
• SALTING- Township roadways will be salted before and after the storm.
• REMEMBER - PLEASE REFRAIN FROM PUTTING SNOW BACK ON ROADWAY WHEN CLEANING DRIVEWAYS AND SIDEWALKS.
NOTE: The Township does not plow or salt County roadways.
Finally, in order to protect your home, if there is a fire hydrant in front of your house or a neighbor’s, please try to clear it so that it is accessible to the Fire Department in the event of a Fire.